Welcome to Eight Weeks of Conversation Cafe. Below are discussion guides for eight weeks of conversation fun. The newest series are guides from the book, The Culture Map by Erin Meyer. This topic brought about a lot of insightful and helpful conversation.
Also, you may want to check out a simple list of games included here. Games for Conversation Café.
The Culture Map discussion guides
1. High and Low Context Cultures
2. Providing Negative Feedback
3. The Art of Persuasion
4. What style of leadership?
5. Who Decides
6. Two kinds of trust
7. How to Disagree
8. Perceptions of Time
New Series, 2020
Folktales from Around the World
Why Fairy Tales
Week Lifestyle Bible
1. Learning Styles Creation
2. Temptation The First Temptation
3. Government The Laws of Relationship
4. Do All Things Happen for a Reason? The Compassion and Authority of Jesus
5. Bucket List Jesus’ death and resurrection
6. Grace Grace
7. Forgiveness Justification
8. Utopia Heaven
1. Travel What is a Pilgrimage?
2. All About Food Food and the Believer
3. Sleep, Dreams, and Nightmares Dreams and Visions
4. Weddings and Marriage Falling in Love, Ephesians 5
5. Social Media, Smart Phones, and Apps Can I Have a Relationship With God?
6. Gender Roles in Communication Gender Relationships in the Bible
7. The Bucket List The Great Commission
Series 3…This one is 10 weeks.
The inspiration for this series came from the Ten Commandments, found in Exodus 20.
I first came across a similar series used to teach English to internationals. I thought the basic concept was interesting and would produce good conversation. You will notice though, that there is no mention of God in this series and yet all the concepts flow from God. I am calling this series, “The Paths to Peace.” There are two ways to approach these discussions. One is to use the Conversation Art Cards. They can be accessed at http://www.conversationartcards.com. They can be purchased at CruPress.com
- What Do We Adore?
- Satisfying Friendships
- A Good Name
- The Rhythm of Life
- Honor Your Parents
- A Single Story
- All You Need is Love
- Something to Share
- Let Yourself Be Seen
The second method is to take a more concentrated reading route. You are the best judge of your audience. I believe you will be rewarded with insightful conversation with either method you choose.
Principle 1- Accept Authority
Principle 2 Serve Others
Principle 3- Fulfill Your Commitments
Principle 4-Balance Work with Rest
Principle 5-Respect Age and Experience
Principle 6- Recongize the Significance of All Human Life
Principle 7 Care for your family
Principle 8- Respect the Property of Others
Principle 9 Tell the Truth
Principle 10- Be Content with What You Have
Bible Study Guide to The Paths to Peace